Aasia Bibi and her family have been provided with complete security. Shehryar Afridi – Minister of State for Interior in Pakistan stated this in an interview to Voice of America.
- Facing Death Threats, Asia Biwi’s Lawyer – Saiful Malook Flees To Netherlands
- Will Shakil Afridi, The Man Who Helped Neutralise Bin Laden, Be Freed By Pakistan?
Shehryar Afridi said that until Aasia Bibi, who was cleared of blasphemy charges by the Supreme Court of Pakistan, is convicted of a crime her name cannot be placed on the Exit Control List (ECL).
“Every Pakistani, irrespective of their religion, is the responsibility of the government and no one can be given a license to play with someone’s life or property,” he further added.
“Till someone is declared a criminal, or there is a legal basis, the question of placing an individual’s name on ECL does not arise”. The minister also cleared the speculations that Aasia had already left the country.
Speaking on the protests, Afridi said: “we decided not to use force and talk to the protestors instead.” He said all stakeholders and the opposition were consulted about decisions made in the wake of the protests.
More News at EurAsian Times
- Is PM Modi Planning to Divide J&K into 3 Parts Before 2019 Elections?
- India Using Israel’s “Palestine Strategy” To Crush Rebellion in Kashmir?
- Saudi Money, US Weapons, Israeli Intelligence Fuelling Arab NATO – Iran
- Indian Army Knows The Exact Location of 12 Terror Launch Pads in Pakistan; But Can They Strike?