After several US diplomats in China and Cuba complained of mysterious head injuries and dizziness, dubbed Havana syndrome, the National Academy of Sciences released its report revealing “pulsed radiofrequency” as the most plausible cause of the illness.
US Navy Achieves New Milestone; Shoots Down Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Mid-Air
The US government accused Cuba of carrying out “sonic attacks” against US diplomats after several employees complained of “sudden onset of loud noises” coming from a specific direction accompanied by pain in ears and the head.
Some employees complained of a sensation of head pressure, dizziness, visual problems, vertigo, and cognitive difficulties. However, Cuba denied the claim.
Similar complaints were received from diplomats stationed in Guangzhou in southern China. These incidents raised concern that the US agencies were targeted by sonic weapons.
“The medical indications are very similar and entirely consistent with the medical indication that has taken place to Americans working in Cuba,” Pompeo told the House Foreign Affairs Committee in 2018.
The US government then pulled several officials from its embassy in China, asking them to be alert and notify the medical staff “if they note new onset of symptoms that may have begun in association with experiencing unidentified auditory sensations”.
The report by the National Academy of Sciences that came out on December 5 stated that the committee considered chemical exposures, infectious diseases, and psychological issues as potential causes but rejected all of them.
“The committee felt that many of the distinctive and acute signs, symptoms and observations reported by (government) employees are consistent with the effects of directed, pulsed radiofrequency (RF) energy,” it said.
The study is conducted by a committee of 19 medical experts who examined the symptoms of 40 government employees. The report acknowledged that “the committee cannot rule out other possible mechanisms and considers it likely that a multiplicity of factors explains some cases and the differences between others”.
The report didn’t conclusively say that microwave energy was used deliberately but can possibly be used for depraved purposes. But it suggested early evaluation and treatment, a supportive environment, and rehabilitation of chronic neurological conditions.
The US government also suspects Russia as a US adversary which has used the microwave technology before. The investigators suspected some rogue Cuban intelligence officials who were troubled with the American-Cuban relations that have worsened and helped Russia, CNN reported citing a senior administration official.
Did China Use Laser Weapons In Ladakh?
Last month, the Deputy Dean of the School of International Relations of the Renmin University of China, Jin Canrong, made a startling claim on a TV program saying the Chinese PLA soldiers had used directed energy weapons (laser weapons) against Indian soldiers during the skirmishes at the Ladakh border.
Jin claimed the Chinese military “made innovative use of high-power microwave weapons,” when the Indian soldiers were in control of the top peaks in Ladakh and were impossible to be thwarted using conventional weapons.
#CCP expert, Prof #JinCanrong, Dean of the School of International Studies, #Renmin University of #China, revealed on Nov 11, in a TV program that the #PLA used directed-energy weapon (#MicrowaveWeapons) to attack #Indian soldiers at #Pangong Lake area.#IndiaChinaFaceOff pic.twitter.com/6zXrEET79f
— Jennifer Zeng 曾錚 (@jenniferatntd) November 15, 2020
However, the Indian government denied the claim of the professor. India’s Press Information Bureau (PIB) also rejected the claim calling it fake.
“Some international news portals have published misleading headlines and reported baseless claims related to India-China border stand-off in Ladakh,” the PIB said in a tweet. “This claim is fake, ADGPI [Additional Directorate General of Public Information] has clarified that no such incident has taken place. Beware of such misinformation.”
Some international news portals have published misleading headlines and reported baseless claims related to India-China border stand-off in Ladakh. #PIBFactCheck: This claim is #Fake. @adgpi has clarified that no such incident has taken place. Beware of such #misinformation. pic.twitter.com/EoH4CH3X13
— PIB Fact Check (@PIBFactCheck) November 17, 2020