China on Wednesday praised the outgoing US Ambassador to the UN Nikki Haley for maintaining dialogue and cooperation with Beijing on key issues. The 46-year-old Indian-American leader announced Tuesday that she would resign from her post as the US ambassador to the UN by the end of the year.
- Russia Offers Massive Energy Deals To India For Buying S-400 Systems
- How India Plans to Buy Iranian Oil and Also Evade US Sanctions?
Haley had, as the US ambassador to the UN, maintained dialogue and cooperation with China on many issues, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Lu Kang told a media briefing on Wednesday when asked about her resignation.
China and the US, both permanent members of the UN Security Council (UNSC), share important responsibilities to safeguard international peace and security, Lu added.
The UNSC has the US, China, Russia, France and the UK as five the permanent members. US President Donald Trump praised Haley’s performance during her tenure as the envoy to the world body.
Trump said that he expects to name a replacement for Haley in the next “two to three weeks,” and said that he would be talking about candidates with the former South Carolina governor and others.
More News at EurAsian Times
- Indian Military Base in Sabang can Strangle China at the Strait of Malacca
- Why is Japan Unhappy with Bullet Train Project in India?
- Is Saudi-UAE Alliance Working to Weaken the Gulf Cooperation Council?
- From Asia to Africa, India-Japan Defence Partnership Aggressively Countering China
- Oman-UAE Relations Deteriorate; Muscat Warns Against Testing Patience