Why are Chinese tourists thronging Japan? According to Japan Times, the approximate number tourists visiting Japan increased by 16.6% from a year earlier to 26.75 lacs according to the Japan National Tourism Organization. The number was the highest for the month since the survey started in 1964 and Chinese Tourists topped the table.
- After India, Malaysia Rejects China’s One Belt One Road Initiative?
- Why India Backed Indonesia Over Maldives for the UNSC Seat?
The increase was driven by an improvement in visitors from other Asian markets, thanks to new flights presented by low-cost carriers. The biggest group of visitors were Chinese tourists jumping 29.3% to 668,600. South Korea followed with 640,400 visitors and Taiwan came in third with 440,100 tourists. The number of visitors from the US and other European countries also exhibited double-digit growth.
The overall growth in tourists visiting Japan “is backed by the propelling LCC market, besides the economic prosperity in emerging and developed nations,” said Akihiko Tamura, commissioner of the Japan Tourism Agency.
- Indian Military Base in Sabang can Strangle China at the Strait of Malacca
- Why is Japan Unhappy with Bullet Train Project in India?
- High Risk for Companies Investing in One Belt One Road Projects (OBOR)?
- From Asia to Africa, India-Japan Defence Partnership Aggressively Countering China
- India Ridicules UN Report on Human Rights Violations and Abuses in Kashmir