Dates for Conspitation: Dates or Khajoor has various health benefits including treating constipation. Dates are an excellent source of vitamins and minerals. They provide necessary natural sugar, energy and fibre to the body. They are known to be the good reservoirs of calcium, iron, potassium, and zinc. Dates are also a very popular ingredient in various cuisines and are used in various quantities to give the nice and sweet flavour to the dishes. Dates also have various health benefits which include being a natural laxative and treating constipation.
Here are only a few of the reasons why you should eat “DATES”
1. Helps in Bringing Down the Cholesterol: The dates are free from cholesterol and contain a very little component of fat. You must include dates in your regular diet to lower down the cholesterol level which eventually helps in weight loss.
2. High in Proteins: Dates have a high quantity of protein which helps in keeping our muscles strong and in good condition. People, who follow the rigorous exercise pattern, are often advised to include dates in their daily diet.
3. Source of Vitamins: Dates contain vitamins such as B1, B2, B3 and B5, as well as A1 and Vitamin C. You don’t have to take the vitamin supplements if you eat dates regularly. Dates are very important for growing kids as dates contain natural sugar. You will never feel low on energy levels if you include dates regularly in your diet
4. Enhances Bone Health: Dates have an abundance of selenium, manganese, copper, and magnesium, which is very much required to keep our bones healthy. These are helpful in preventing conditions such as osteoporosis.
5. Helpful in Strengthening the Nervous System: Date has high quantity of potassium and very little sodium, and that this helps us in keeping the nervous system in order.
6. Dates for Constipation: People suffering from acute constipation are recommended to eat soaked dates early in the morning. Dates has been used for treating constipation for a long time and by consuming dates it improves the working of your digestive system. Including dates in your daily routine goes a long way in keeping your body fit and fine, besides a smooth digestive system, free from constipation.
7. Cures Hangovers: Dates are an excellent way to control inebriation. It is very helpful in curing a hangover.
8. Helpful in Gaining Weight: The number of proteins, minerals, sugar and vitamins present in the fruit are helpful in weight gain. However, if you do not want to gain weight, you can eat dates with cucumber. It helps you to keep your weight within normal levels. Dates are also very good for keeping the skin soft and smooth.