David Headley – The Pakistani-American terrorist was a key agent in doing the recce for the 26/11 Mumbai Attacks. The Indian government may finally get access to David Headley after the US pledged to support India in punishing the 26/11 Mumbai Attacks.
In a written reply to the Lok Sabha, the lower house of Parliament, India’s deputy foreign minister General V K Singh (Retd) said the government is engaged with the US administration to bring back the 26/11 attack culprits under the provisions of the India-US extradition treaty of 1997.
“A National Investigation Agency (NIA) team visited the US on 13-15 December 2018 to discuss the matter with the American authorities,” Minister of State for External Affairs General V K Singh (Retd) informed Parliament on Wednesday.
The minister also said that during the 2+2 dialogue in September last year, both India and the US agreed to put pressure on Pakistan to take credible action against the culprits of Uri, Pathankot and Mumbai terror attacks.
Pakistani-American David Headley is the alleged mastermind of the Mumbai terror attack which took place on 26 November 2008, in which 166 people including 28 foreigners from 10 countries were killed.
David Headley has been kept at a federal prison in the US since 2016. In 2016, David Headley appeared before a Mumbai court via a video conference in which he explained how the Pakistan-based terror outfit Lashkar-e-Taiba used him to plot a terror attack in India’s financial capital Mumbai.
More News at EurAsian Times
- Indian Military Base in Vietnam To Protect Hanoi’s Territorial Interest
- Indian Military Base in Sabang can Strangle China at the Strait of Malacca
- Saudi Money, US Weapons, Israeli Intelligence Fuelling Arab NATO – Iran
- Will Ayni Airbase in Tajikistan Become India’s 1st Overseas Military Base?
- Indonesia Opens Another Military Base at Natuna Islands To Counter Aggressive China