- Chinese “Muscle and Might” Overwhelms India in Africa
- Why is a Hindu Nepal Drifting Away From India Towards Communist China?
- Pakistan Seeks $12B Bailout Package; India Ready To Help, Conditions Apply
According to the officials of DRDO, all the key objectives were met. Man-Portable Anti-Tank Guided Missile (MPATGM) is the third generation Anti-Tank Missile which will be used by the Infantry and Parachute battalions of the Indian Army.
The weapon “destroyed [a variety of] targets with high precision and all mission objectives were achieved”. This was another successful trial launch of the ATGM since 2016.
MPATGM has been developed by State-owned DRDO in partnership with Private sector company VEM Technologies Ltd which is helping in sub-system manufacturing for the DRDO. From the manufacturing of components to the systems integrator, VEM has developed AsiBal Anti Tank Guided Missile System, which could be a strong focus for import substitution.
Key Features of Anti-Tank Guided Missile
- Fire & Forget
- Range: 2500 Meters
- Tandem HEAT warhead with penetration of around 800 mm
- Day & Night Imaging Infra Red Seeker
- Powerful against stationary and moving targets
- Compact Fire Control unit for Surveillance and Acquisition