Iran’s naval military exercise saw the first operational demonstration of Iranian destroyer Sahand and Submarine called Fateh. Iran’s massive three-day naval exercise called “Velayat 97” was carried out near the Strait of Hormuz.
Pakistan To Host ‘Aman 2019’ Naval Exercise; 46 Nations Expected To Participate
The three-day naval military exercise carried out in the eastern part of the Strait of Hormuz, the Oman Sea and the Indian Ocean north was the first operational demonstration of the Iranian destroyer Sahand and submarine of Fateh (Conquer).
The parade saw the participation of more than 100 Naval fleets, including different kinds of destroyers, missile-launching vessels, logistic navies, light, heavy submarines, hovercrafts, fixed-wing aircraft, and helicopters.
Earlier, Deputy Commander of the Islamic Republic Army for Coordination Affairs Rear Admiral Habibollah Sayyari said:” the Iranian army is vigilantly monitoring all threats in the region”.
Sayyari emphasised on the armed forces’ capabilities and readiness for confrontation and deterrence saying, “Threats have always existed against Iran”.
More News at EurAsian Times
- Indian Military Base in Sabang can Strangle China at the Strait of Malacca
- Why is Japan Unhappy with Bullet Train Project in India?
- Is Saudi-UAE Alliance Working to Weaken the Gulf Cooperation Council?
- India-Japan Defence Partnership Aggressively Countering China
- Oman-UAE Relations Deteriorate; Muscat Warns Against Testing Patience