The ISIS vs Taliban Rivalry has become the new face of violence in Afghanistan. In the ISIS vs Taliban clashes are fiercely going on in the eastern province of Afghanistan and hundreds of civilians have been displaced. This was reported by the Afghan officials. The displaced families have been forced to seek refuge in other parts of Afghanistan.
- Afghanistan Ceasefire: Taliban Puts an End to Ceasefire in Afghanistan
- Have the Hopes of a Political Solution to Afghanistan War Dashed?
What is the ISIS vs Taliban Rivalry about?
Both these militant outfits are contesting for power and superiority. They are fighting to claim credit for the violence that has seen a massive surge in Afghanistan in the past few months. Despite both of them being insurgent militant groups, they hold different agendas and this rivalry can be seen as a war of agendas. In the past, there has been a massive hike in suicide bombings and light combats in Afghanistan for which both of them are responsible.
Some experts differentiate between them as ‘Nationalist Islamists’ and ‘International Islamists.’ While the Taliban is termed as being a nationalist Islamist outfit, ISIS is an international rogue force.
Haqqani vs Taliban in Afghanistan
More News at EurAsian Times
- Indian Military Base in Sabang can Strangle China at the Strait of Malacca
- Why is Japan Unhappy with Bullet Train Project in India?
- Is Saudi-UAE Alliance Working to Weaken the Gulf Cooperation Council?
- From Asia to Africa, India-Japan Defence Partnership Aggressively Countering China
- Oman-UAE Relations Deteriorate; Muscat Warns Against Testing Patience