Jamal Khashoggi – journalist and Saudi critic was killed in the Consulate General of Saudi Arabia and his body was dismembered and destroyed. This is stated in a statement released on Wednesday by the Prosecutor General of Istanbul.
- Jamal Khashoggi Kidnapped By Saudi Consulate in Turkey on Orders of MBS?
- Removal of Mohammed bin Salman Heats Up; But Can He Be Removed?
“Khashoggi was the victim of a planned murder, he was strangled immediately after entering the consulate general of Saudi Arabia. After the murder, his body was dismembered and destroyed,” the department said.
In addition, according to the Turkish side, “the negotiations of the prosecution offices of Turkey and Saudi Arabia to investigate the murder of Khashoggi did not bring results.”
The Saudi delegation promised to provide answers to all these questions during the visit to Istanbul. However, on Wednesday only a written response was provided, stating that Riyadh did not make any official statements that the assassination of Jamal Khashoggi was deliberate and that the murderers had accomplices in Turkey.
Jamal Khashoggi, famous for critical articles about the policy of Riyadh, disappeared when visiting the Consulate General of his country in Istanbul on October 2. On October 20, Saudi authorities reported that a journalist was killed in a diplomatic mission building as a result of the conflict.
Under investigation are 18 subjects of the kingdom, whose identities are not revealed. The world community strongly condemned this crime, calling on Riyadh to conduct a transparent investigation, and Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan called the assassination of Khashadzhi carefully planned.
More News at EurAsian Times
- Is PM Modi Planning to Divide J&K into 3 Parts Before 2019 Elections?
- India Using Israel’s “Palestine Strategy” To Crush Rebellion in Kashmir?
- Saudi Money, US Weapons, Israeli Intelligence Fuelling Arab NATO – Iran
- Indian Army Knows The Exact Location of 12 Terror Launch Pads in Pakistan; But Can They Strike?