After coming under criticism for fielding Mig-21 Bisons against advanced Pakistani F-16’s, Air Chief Marshal BS Dhanoa was questioned why India’s LCA-Tejas fighter jet was not used against Pakistan?
The Air Chief Marshal explained that once the foundation for second LCA-Tejas Squadron is completed, first Squadron will be shifted to forward base close to Pakistan border by 2020. First Squadron Flying Daggers No. 45 is currently carrying out Initial user operational flying of LCA-Tejas aircraft delivered to them and in the process is also training its engineering crew to carry out routine maintenance with help of HAL.
India-Pakistan War Averted, Imran Khan Proudly Informs Party Members
No. 45 Squadron Indian Air Force which is based at Sulur Air force station in Tamil Nadu is yet to gain full squadron strength which likely will happen by end of this year, the formation of the second squadron will commence, once the fresh batch of FOC Certified LCA-Tejas MK1 aircraft start arriving from October onwards.
Dhanoa last month at FOC certification handover ceremony of LCA-Tejas had said that LCA-Tejas behaves like a fighter aircraft and also act like one and air force has total confidence in the capabilities of the aircraft as recently demonstrated at the Iron fist Air exercise and now are flown regularly by the first Squadron in regular operating conditions.
More News at EurAsian Times
- Indian Military Base in Vietnam To Protect Hanoi’s Territorial Interest
- Indian Military Base in Sabang can Strangle China at the Strait of Malacca
- Saudi Money, US Weapons, Israeli Intelligence Fuelling Arab NATO – Iran
- Will Ayni Airbase in Tajikistan Become India’s 1st Overseas Military Base?
- Indonesia Opens Another Military Base at Natuna Islands To Counter Aggressive China