Yet another terror attack wrecked war-torn Afghanistan as a suicide bomber blew himself up targetting a state intelligence convoy on Thursday. The latest deadly attack in Afghanistan left five dead and at least six injured as informed by the Afghanistan police. The attack was conducted on the National Directorate of Security in the capital city of Kabul.
- ISIS Capital in Afghanistan Captured by Afghan and US Troops
- Afghan Forces Suffer Heavy Casualties Near the Tajikistan Border
The lethal attack took place in the Bagh Daud area which falls in the 5th police district of Kabul. At least five people including 4 personnel of the National Directorate of Security were feared dead. Besides this, 5 personnel of the National Directorate of Security were injured along with a civilian.
Initial reports suggest that the suicide bomber was driving a vehicle which carried explosives. In recent times the armed groups have been attacking the key provinces in Afghanistan including the capital city of Kabul. This attack comes only two days after the incident in which 5 rockets were fired on a residential area in Kabul leaving at least 3 people badly wounded.
- Russian SU-57 or US F-35: Who is Winning the Global Fighter Jet Market?
- Chengdu J20 – Russian Design, Stolen Technology from F-35?
Before this on Sunday, in a suicide bombing attack near the Kabul International Airport, 23 people were killed and over 100 people were wounded. Among those who died in this fatal attack was the driver of Agence French Press, Mohammad Akhtar. This attack was claimed by the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) which said it wanted to target Afghan Vice President Abdul Rashid Dostum. The Vice President had returned to Kabul after an exile of more than one year.
In recent times Taliban and the ISIS have carried out way too many attacks on the capital city of Afghanistan hence making it one of the most violent and unsafe places in the nation. As stated by the United Nations, 1692 people have been killed in the first half of 2018 while 3430 people have injured in various instances of violence and terror attacks in Afghanistan.
More News at EurAsian Times
- Indian Military Base in Sabang can Strangle China at the Strait of Malacca
- Delhi’s $100M Gift a Bribe for Indian Military Base in Seychelles?
- China Effect: India Commits $200 Million To Tiny African Nation, Rwanda
- From Asia to Africa, India-Japan Defence Partnership Aggressively Countering China
- Oman-UAE Relations Deteriorate; Muscat Warns Against Testing Patience