India-Maldives Relations are only deteriorating with time, and Male has started to pose new security concerns for India. The Maldives-Pakistan Power Deal which the Maldives has agreed upon is the latest in the series of ignorance portrayed by the Maldives towards India. This shall further dent the India-Maldives relations. Is this a bid to topple India’s expanse in the Maldives? How will India react to Pakistan cosying up with Male, in India’s backyard?
- CPEC Project via “Pakistan Occupied Kashmir” Not Acceptable: India
- Why India Backed Indonesia Over Maldives for the UNSC Seat?
After denying work permits to Indians, and then snubbing India on the helicopters, now the Maldives has joined hands with Pakistan to sign a capacity building agreement with Islamabad. Officials from the state electricity company of Maldives, Stelco visited Pakistan and signed a memorandum of understanding pertaining to cooperation in institution-building activities.
This deal comes at a crucial time when Male has turned a blind eye towards India. Indians are being denied work permits and Indian projects in the Maldives are being put on ice. What does this inclination of Male towards Islamabad mean for New Delhi?
Pakistan Cannot Do Much For Maldives: India
Security Concerns for India
More News at EurAsian Times
- Indian Military Base in Sabang can Strangle China at the Strait of Malacca
- Why is Japan Unhappy with Bullet Train Project in India?
- Is Saudi-UAE Alliance Working to Weaken the Gulf Cooperation Council?
- From Asia to Africa, India-Japan Defence Partnership Aggressively Countering China
- Oman-UAE Relations Deteriorate; Muscat Warns Against Testing Patience