Why is Pakistan Threatening Nuclear Attack on Holland of all the Places? Right ahead of the general elections in Pakistan, a Pakistani politician has made a highly controversial statement. Headline Islamist leader Khadim Hussain Rizvi of the TLP has said that if he gets an atomic bomb he will wipe of Holland from the world map. The TLP chief, Khadim Hussain Rizvi has made a highly condemned statement endorsing the use of atomic bomb.
- Balochistan Objects to CPEC Project Just Before Pakistan Elections?
- General Elections in Pakistan under Threat from New Taliban Leadership?
TLP Fielding 152 Candidates in Elections
The chief of the Tehreek Labbaik Pakistan (TLP) made this statement during a media interaction at the Karachi Press Club. TLP is fielding 152 candidates in the Pakistan general elections scheduled for 25 July. Khadim Hussain Rizvi is known for his hardline Islamist approach.
What is the Dutch Reference About?
The Freedom Party which is known for its anti-Islam stance announced last month that it will hold a caricature competition depicting Prophet Mohammad. This statement from Khadim Hussain Rizvi came in response to plan of such a caricature competition being conducted in Holland (The Netherlands) which demeans Islam in some way or the other.
Khadim Hussain Rizvi said that if he was given an atomic bomb then he will destroy Holland and erase its existence before it can hold such a competition. TLP is a hardline Islamist political group in Pakistan which staged massive protests in Islamabad last November to oppose changes in the blasphemy laws. More than 2000 members of the TLP also staged a 3-week long demonstration in Faisalabad and hindered life in the region.
Khadim Hussain Rizvi has been warned several times for promoting sectarianism and he was even barred from public service. His recently formed political party is now grabbing the attention of the political analysts as well as the Pakistani media.
Must Read at EurAsian Times
- Indian Military Base in Sabang, Indonesia can Strangle China at the Strait of Malacca
- From Asia to Africa, India-Japan Defence Partnership Aggressively Countering China
- China’s “String of Pearls” Strategy resulted in India’s 1st Loss at the Indian Ocean
- How India Won Bangladesh and Lost Kashmir in 1971: Kashmir Dispute
- Is JF-17 Thunder Fighter Jet a Better Choice than HAL Tejas?