Pakistan PM Imran Khan has said the world must move to prevent an impending genocide of Kashmiris in Jammu and Kashmir. In a tweet on the occasion of 1st International Day for Victims of Violence based on Religion or Belief, he said we call attention to the plight of millions of Kashmiris living under brutal Indian Occupation, abuse and violence, deprived of all fundamental rights and freedoms.
Imran Khan Urges United Nations To Punish India Over Use Cluster Bombs In Kashmir
Khan said the Indian Forces have even denied them their right to observe religious practices, including Eid-ul-Azha. Meanwhile, Genocide Watch in its alert listed early warnings of massacres which include prior genocidal massacres and the continuing impunity for such killings in the occupied valley.
آج مذہبی بنیادوں پر تشدد کا نشانہ بننے والوں کے پہلے عالمی دن کے موقع پر ہم دنیا کی توجہ بھارت کے جبرواستبداد میں گھرے لاکھوں کشمیریوں کی جانب مبذول کروانا چاہتے ہیں جنہیں توہین و تشدد کا سامنا ہے اور جن کے تمام بنیادی انسانی حقوق سلب کرکے ہر قسم کی آزادیوں سے محروم کیا جاچکا ہے۔
— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) August 22, 2019
(Imran Khan’s Tweet) Today, on the occasion of the first World Day of the victims of religious-based violence, we want to draw the attention of the world to the millions of Kashmiris who are facing violence in India and facing violence and all their basic human rights. Freedom has been curtailed.
Genocide Watch said that ten stages of the genocidal process are also far advanced:
- Classification: Hindu and Sikh Indian Army “us” vs. Kashmiri Muslim civilian “them;
- Symbolisation: Muslims have Muslim names (on ID cards), Kashmiri language, dress, mosques;
- Discrimination: Hindu pandits were economically dominant until 1990; BJP reasserted Hindu power;
- Dehumanisation: Muslims are called “terrorists”, “separatists,” “criminals,” “insurgents;”
- Organisation: 600,000 heavily armed Indian Army troops and police dominate Kashmir;
- Polarisation: Modi and the BJP incite anti-Muslim hatred; social media spread falsehoods;
- Preparation: The Indian Army occupies Kashmir; BJP leaders speak of the “Final Solution” for Kashmir;
- Persecution: Kashmiri Muslims are locked down, subject to arrest, torture, rape, and murder;
- Extermination: Genocidal massacres occurred during Partition; since 1990, there have been at least 25 massacres with death tolls over 25;
- Denial: Modi and BJP say their goals are to “bring prosperity” and “end terrorism”; they deny any massacres. No Indian Army troops or police are ever tried for torture, rape or murder. Modi’s takeover is popular in India.
Is Indian PM Modi World’s Most Popular Leader on Facebook – Not Really
Earlier, as EurAsian Times reported, Pakistan’s Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi had stated there was a threat of genocide and ethnic cleansing in Jammu and Kashmir after India revoked Article 370.
Qureshi said the move by India showed they no longer had any hope from Kashmiris. “Those Kashmiris who had voted for them in the past have also announced their separation from them.”
Massive Agitation Reported In Kashmir As Pakistan Continues To Cut Ties With India
Qureshi also stressed that Pakistan like before would continue to support the Kashmiri people and history would prove India’s decision wrong. Taking to Twitter later, Qureshi stated that the country’s stance on the Kashmir issue would be highlighted in meetings with the US delegation and international community at large.
“Pakistan reaffirms it’s abiding commitment to the Kashmir cause and its political, diplomatic and moral support to the people of Jammu and Kashmir for the realization of their inalienable right to self-determination.”