“The arrest took place on Tuesday night and until Wednesday evening Khaled was not released despite some promises,” the report said. Prince Khalid was freed in November after being detained for 11 months for criticising a crackdown on the kingdom’s elite that saw dozens of princes, officials and tycoons imprisoned at Riyadh’s Ritz-Carlton hotel.
Prince Khalid’s brother Al-Waleed, dubbed the Warren Buffett of Saudi Arabia, was among those rounded up and was released in early January after an undisclosed financial agreement with the government.
The development comes days after their father Prince Talal bin Abdul Aziz, a half-brother of King Salman, died.
Defiantly liberal and dubbed the “Red Prince”, Talal bin Abdul Aziz was known as a tireless advocate of reform, sometimes in defiance of the royal family. He was a long-standing advocate of allowing Saudi women to drive, a right that was finally granted to female citizens this year.
More News at EurAsian Times
- Indian Military Base in Vietnam To Protect Hanoi’s Territorial Interest
- Indian Military Base in Sabang can Strangle China at the Strait of Malacca
- Saudi Money, US Weapons, Israeli Intelligence Fuelling Arab NATO – Iran
- Will Ayni Airbase in Tajikistan Become India’s 1st Overseas Military Base?
- Indonesia Opens Another Military Base at Natuna Islands To Counter Aggressive China