What does Russian President Vladimir Putin know about the Syrian Attacks? Putin has claimed that Syrian Attacks on the Russian Airbase in Khmeimim were aimed at disrupting relations that Russia maintains with Turkey and Iran. The Russian President said that the Syrian Attacks were a provocation intended to ‘upset’ the peaceful settlement of the Syrian dispute.
Did Putin Blame the US for Syrian Attacks?
Putin further refuted previous reports of the attackers being Turks backed by Ankara. Without naming any organizers of the attack, he said that the nation knows who the attackers are and how much they are paid for the attacks.
The past two weeks have seen two major attacks on Russian military sites in Syria – one on New Year’s Eve and the other in the first week of January. Two Russian servicemen were reportedly killed in the first Syrian attack carried out by an infiltration squad that also damaged warplanes at Khmeimim Airbase. In the second attack, 13 bomb-carrying drones were either shot down by the Russian forces or were forced to land through e-warfare.
Read: Vladimir Putin to Run for Russian Presidency in 2018 Again
The Russian President also added that the nation is aware of how well-prepared the attacks were and ‘when, where and how many’ drones were handed over. He said the aircrafts were camouflaged to look like handicraft production but Russia knows of the high-tech elements involved.
Putin on Thursday held a telephonic conversation with the Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan during which the two discussed the Syrian attacks and agreed to ‘intensify the coordination of the two nations in Syria.’
- 85% Syrian Terrority Cleared from Terrorists: Russia
- Hezbollah, Iranian Republic Guards will stay in Syria
- Vladimir Putin Orders Military Withdrawl from Syria
- Many Things Inside White House made me Uncomfortable: Manigault on Her Exit
- Syrian Military Seizes Latest NATO Weapons from ISIS: Russia
- Why is Japan Worried by Worsening Crisis on the Korean Peninsula?
- Putin, Netanyahu Agree to Discuss Syria and Iran