Air India changed the name of Taiwan to ‘Chinese Taipei’ on its website and conceded to China’s demands. China has requested all international airlines to respect the ‘One China’ policy and change the way Taiwan is described on their websites and marketing portals. Chinese Media believe that this move made by Air India shows respect for the Chinese Laws. As per the sources, Air India made this change after getting an approval from the Indian Ministry of External Affairs.
- Air India Flight: Now Direct Air India Flight to Israel over Saudi Arabia?
- Why is China so Disturbed with THAAD Missiles?
Taiwan Left Disappointed
After Air India changed the name of Taiwan to Chinse Taipei on its website, Taiwan has been left dejected. Taiwan has slammed foreign airlines for giving in to the pressure exerted by China.
The foreign ministry of independently governed China on Wednesday slammed Air Canada and other airline brands for buckling under pressure. It stated that this change will send a wrong message to the world and will breach the sovereignty of Taiwan. Now with Air India too making the same move the very next day, Taiwan was left disappointed with the move of the Indian government. Air India no longer offers flights to Taiwan but operates flights to ‘Chinese Taipei.’
US Slams China’s Request
More News at EurAsian Times
- Indian Military Base in Sabang can Strangle China at the Strait of Malacca
- Why is Japan Unhappy with Bullet Train Project in India?
- Is Saudi-UAE Alliance Working to Weaken the Gulf Cooperation Council?
- From Asia to Africa, India-Japan Defence Partnership Aggressively Countering China
- Oman-UAE Relations Deteriorate; Muscat Warns Against Testing Patience