Russian President Vladimir Putin called the former GRU officer Sergei Skripal a traitor and a scumbag and compared espionage with prostitution. Earlier, President Putin, in more restrained terms commented on the poisoning of Skripal and his daughter and categorically rejected the involvement of Kremlin.
- The UK Expels 23 Russian Diplomats over Poisoning of Sergei Skripal
- After Crimea, Is Russian President Vladimir Putin Eyeing Other Parts of Ukraine?
“I see that some of your colleagues are pushing the theory that Mr Skripal is almost some kind of human rights activist. He’s just a spy. A traitor to the Motherland.
“Imagine: suddenly you have a person who is betraying his country. How do you react to him? Anyone here is a seated representative of any country? He’s just a scum – that’s all,” the Russian president added. Spying, like prostitution, is one of the most degrading professions in the world,” the president continued.
Skripal and his daughter, Yulia, were found slumped on a park bench in the English city on 4 March. Britain says Russian intelligence officers poisoned them with Novichok. Putin, a former intelligence officer, has angrily decried “traitors” before. He has said he cannot forgive disloyalty and “traitors will kick the bucket”. Of Skripal, he said on Wednesday: “He’s simply a scumbag, that’s all.”
Following the poisoning of the Skripals, a woman died after she came into contact with the poison, which her partner found in a discarded perfume bottle, according to British police. The Novichok used was one of a number of nerve agents developed in the USSR.
More News at EurAsian Times
- Is PM Modi Planning to Divide J&K into 3 Parts Before 2019 Elections?
- India Using Israel’s “Palestine Strategy” To Crush Rebellion in Kashmir?
- Saudi Money, US Weapons, Israeli Intelligence Fuelling Arab NATO – Iran
- Indian Army Knows The Exact Location of 12 Terror Launch Pads in Pakistan; But Can They Strike?