The West (US and EU) is trying to pull Macedonia into NATO even after a referendum on changing the country’s name was held there, Russian Foreign Ministry Spokeswoman Maria Zakharova told reporters on Thursday.
- Will Macedonia Join NATO and Defy Russia in The Balkans?
- Greece and Macedonia Sign Agreement on Renaming of Macedonia
The diplomat recalled that on September 30 Macedonia held a referendum on changing its name, which has been declared invalid. “Despite the fact that the top politicians in the EU and NATO member-countries openly urged Macedonian citizens to vote to change its name, which, we believe is a totally unfair practice, everything turned out to be a failure,” Zakharova added.
“However, they welcomed its results. In particular, NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg promised to grant the alliance membership to Macedonia as early as the beginning of 2019, leaving no doubt that the parliaments of Macedonia and Greece would pass the required decisions.”
“The continuation of heavy-handed outside interference in the internal affairs of Macedonia is evident,” the diplomat emphasised. “The objective is very evident: to drag Macedonia into the alliance at whatever the cost.”.
- Is PM Modi Planning to Divide J&K into 3 Parts Before 2019 Elections?
- India Using Israel’s “Palestine Strategy” To Crush Rebellion in Kashmir?
- Saudi Money, US Weapons, Israeli Intelligence Fuelling Arab NATO – Iran
- Indian Army Knows The Exact Location of 12 Terror Launch Pads in Pakistan; But Can They Strike?