The US-Mexico Border is in news again, after President trump threatened to erect a border wall between two nations. The US administration confirmed plans to send 5,200 troops to the US-Mexico border amid information that two caravans of migrants are already heading for the US border – from Honduras and El Salvador.
- US, Canada, Mexico Agree On Tripartite Trade Agreement
- US Foreign Policy Controlled by Pro-War Military-Industrial Complex: US Official
“By the end of this week, we will deploy more than 5,200 soldiers to the south-western border. This is just the beginning of the operation, we will continue to change the number of troops,” said Terrence O’Shaughnessy, commander of the northern command of the US military.
According to the general, in the framework of the operation “Faithful Patriot”, servicemen will travel to Texas, Arizona and California. More than two thousand soldiers of the US National Guard have already been deployed in the border areas.
US President Donald Trump said earlier that the US military is ready to meet the “bad guys” who are heading into the country as part of a column of migrants. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo promised that the caravan going through the territory of Mexico would under no circumstances cross the border with the United States.
Currently, migrants are at a distance of approximately 1,500 km from the border with the United States. They do not hide the fact that they are going to the USA, and declare that they are fleeing violence and poverty.
Donald Trump, even before being elected president, spoke out against illegal migration, and taking up his post, he began to implement campaign promises. On the border of Mexico and Guatemala on Sunday there were clashes between migrants and the police. Earlier, Mexico sent hundreds of police officers to its southern border, to which a foot caravan from Honduras is approaching from Guatemala.
On Sunday, migrants attempted to break through the border into Mexican territory, resulting in clashes with the police. During the clashes, not only the migrants themselves were injured (women and children were among the victims), but also Guatemalan police officers.
It was also reported about the death of one of the migrants after a rubber bullet hit him. Some migrants managed to get into Mexico illegally, as a result, the police detained about 100 people.
Against the backdrop of what is happening, Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto announced the launch of a special program of assistance to migrants, she will act against those who have asked for asylum and are ready to legalize their stay in Mexico.
These actions were taken after US President Donald Trump promised to use troops to completely close the border with Mexico. Trump also promised to reduce assistance to those countries that will allow passing a caravan of refugees.
According to the Mexican authorities, over 3.6 thousand people are in the caravan of migrants from Honduras; About another 1.7 thousand migrants asked for asylum in Mexico. On Monday, it became known that another caravan had started in the USA – this time from El Salvador, it consists of about 150 people.
More News at EurAsian Times
- Indian Military Base in Sabang can Strangle China at the Strait of Malacca
- Major Spat Between India and Pakistan Over Free Balochistan Office In Delhi
- Saudi Arabia Halts All Oil Shipments After Yemen Missile Attack
- Saudi Crown Prince Unravels Deep Secrets Behind Wahhabism and the Yemen War