The US military who will soon leave the territory of Syria on the instructions of US President Donald Trump are now fighting the militants of the Islamic State (ISIS) remaining in this Arab country. This was stated by Colonel Carla Gleason.
We are focused on a balanced and controlled process of withdrawing forces. We are taking all possible measures to ensure the safety of our soldiers as they deal with the remaining [ISIS militants] said Gleason.
However, she refused to confirm or deny the report of the Anatolian Agency that the first group of US Soldiers left Syria on December 28. “We are not going to discuss the details of the operations,” the representative of the US Department of Defense answered the relevant question.
December 19, President Trump announced the decision to begin the withdrawal of US troops from Syria. He explained that the ISIS were defeated in Syria and that the fight against terrorists was the only reason for which the US military was there.
According to US officials, the withdrawal will take from 60 to 100 days. At the same time, the Defense Ministry spokeswoman Dana White stressed that the campaign against the ISIS is not over and that the US “will continue to work with its partners and allies to defeat the IS”
More News at EurAsian Times
- Indian Military Base in Vietnam To Protect Hanoi’s Territorial Interest
- Indian Military Base in Sabang can Strangle China at the Strait of Malacca
- Saudi Money, US Weapons, Israeli Intelligence Fuelling Arab NATO – Iran
- Will Ayni Airbase in Tajikistan Become India’s 1st Overseas Military Base?
- Indonesia Opens Another Military Base at Natuna Islands To Counter Aggressive China