The Afghanistan Government will not participate in the Moscow meeting with Taliban on the peace settlement in Afghanistan. The Afghan Foreign Ministry said that Afghan government, led by President Ashraf Ghani, will not participate in the Moscow meeting as it has not received an official invitation.
- Is JF-17 Thunder Fighter Jet a Better Choice than HAL Tejas?
- Russian SU-57 or American F-35: Who is Winning the Fighter Jet Market?
The peace process must be conducted under the administration of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan,” Sibgat Ahmadi, the deputy spokesman for Afghanistan’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs, quotes the television station. “We will not participate in the Moscow talks.”
Meanwhile, the Taliban announced its intent to participate in the negotiations and peace talks in Moscow. The Taliban delegation will be headed by the chief of the political office of the movement in Qatar, Sher Mohammad Abbas Stanikzai, according to TOLOnews.
Earlier, as EurAsian Times reported, the Afghan Taliban has accepted a Russian invitation to travel to Moscow to hold peace talks on Afghanistan’s future that is likely to exclude the U.S. and include regional powers like China, India, Iran and Pakistan according to WSJ.
- India Anxious, as Russia, China, Pakistan May Build Strategic Alliance?
- Al-Qaeda Recruiting Kashmiri Militants for Ghazwa-e-Hind Plan for India
Russia has played an active role in efforts to end the 17-year Afghan War, citing fears about the emergence of ISIS and Washingtons incompetence to negotiate a political solution. The Taliban’s decision to accept the invitation comes at a time when the terror group is extending its political consultations with the U.S.
Russian Foreign Ministry’s Second Asian Department Director Zamir Kabulov also confirmed that the representatives of the Afghan Taliban will attend the Moscow meeting for the Afghan reconciliation efforts scheduled on 4th September 2018.
More News at EurAsian Times
- Can China’s J-20 or Russian SU-57 Really Match the US F-22 Raptor?
- Indian Military Base in Sabang can Strangle China at the Strait of Malacca
- Saudi Money, US Weapons, Israeli Intelligence Fuelling Arab NATO – Iran
- Why is Saudi Arabia the “Messiah” for Pakistan’s Economic Crisis?