Connect with us

Featured

With 2 Major Attacks in Last Week, Afghanistan in a Continuous State of War

Published

on

The American led NATO forces have been operating in Afghanistan for 17 years, with a possible chance of additional redeployment of NATO forces.  With 2 Major Attacks in Afghanistan recently, there is No sight of peace in Afghanistan. The never-ending attacks in Kabul and the ever-increasing presence of the ISIS, only adds to the war-like situation.

Just within 1 week, Kabul has been attacked by the deadly Taliban, twice. The capital that was once considered to be the safe haven against terrorism seems to have become the epicentre of it. Apart from the Taliban, the ISIL is also raging a war against Afghanistan; killing the innocent and perpetuating a feeling of fear and terror amongst the civilians. Although the terrorist groups have been defeated in Syria and Iraq, the terror in the capital is a blow to the political powers.

Current State of Terror in Afghanistan

The most recent attack at the HQ of ‘Save The Children’, has brought the looming terror to light and indicates that the world’s most terrorising terrorists are gaining more power. Donald Trump has advised the Afghan government to strengthen its security measures, following the incident. Apart from weapons and terrorism, the country is gripped by other evils like heroin abuse by soldiers and a constant upheaval both in and off the war field.

Read: US Pounded Taliban with 4,300 Bombs in Afghanistan in 2017

In the last 1 year, the military of America has been maximising its extent of operations. But looking at the present scenario, the end of the Afghanistan war does not seem near.

Read: Afghan President Ghani Refuses to join CPEC, without Access to India

The Future of Terror in Afghanistan

Sadly, everything right now points at a continuous state of war in Afghanistan. From terrorism to the drug financing by Taliban- the country is gripped by numerous evils. With the Afghan government not taking the next step towards peace, the world wonders if this war will ever end. This year commemorates 100 years to the end of the World War I, when will this war end?

Other News:

Advertisement

Featured

Azerbaijani General, 16 Others Killed In Azerbaijan-Armenia Border Clash

Azerbaijan-Armenia Border Clash conflict commenced on Sunday and Azerbaijan said it has lost 11 soldiers and one civilian while Armenia acknowledged the loff of four troops.

Published

on

Azerbaijani Army Major-General Polad Gashimov and Colonel Ilgar Mirzoyev were killed in border clashes between soldiers of Azerbaijan and Armenia, Azerbaijan’s APA news agency reported on Tuesday, citing Deputy Defense Minister Kerim Veliyev.

“Major-General Polad Gashimov and colonel Ilgar Mirzoyev died heroically in the morning battles,” the news agency quoted the deputy defense minister as saying. Azerbaijan’s state news agency AzerTAc also confirmed this information.

There are reports that at least 16 people, including the army general, have been killed in fighting between Armenia and Azerbaijan forces in the worst border clashes in years.

Conflicts on the volatile border between the two neighbours commenced on Sunday and Azerbaijan said it has lost 11 soldiers and one civilian while Armenia acknowledged the loff of four troops.

Azerbaijanis gathered early Wednesday in front of the National Assembly building in the capital demanding that they be mobilized amid clashes with Armenian forces on the frontier.

Thousands of Azerbaijanis marched in the streets of Baku to protest against the occupation of Upper Karabakh by Armenia and attacks by its forces since Sunday on border positions of the Azerbaijani army which have resulted in casualties.

Azerbaijanis living in Baku and surrounding areas formed a cortege in the streets of the city in the evening. Holding Azerbaijani flags and chanting “Karabakh is ours, and will remain ours,” they gathered in front of the country’s parliament building, where they demanded the government to declare a mobilization as they are ready to go to the frontlines and protect their motherland.

On Sunday, Armenian forces violated an ongoing ceasefire and targeted positions of Azerbaijan’s army in northwestern Tovuz district along the Azerbaijani-Armenian border, resulting in casualties. Azerbaijan’s armed response forced the Armenian army to retreat, suffering losses.

Armenian armed forces fired several times on homes in Azerbaijani villages in the surrounding area.

As a result, an Azerbaijani civilian was killed in artillery fire in Aghdam village in Tovuz. “Targeting Azerbaijani civilians with heavy guns is clear proof of fascism and barbarism. This is part of the occupation policy of Armenia. The Armenian side has purposefully killed Azerbaijani civilians before, thus committing acts of crime against humanity,” Azerbaijan’s Foreign Ministry said in a statement.

A total of 11 Azerbaijani soldiers have been martyred, including high-ranking officers, and another four wounded in fighting with Armenian forces since Sunday.

Nearly 100 Armenian soldiers have been killed during the period, according to Kerim Veliyev, Azerbaijan’s deputy defense minister. Azerbaijan earlier stated that Armenia hides its casualties.

On Tuesday, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan condemned the Armenian attack, adding that Turkey will not hesitate to stand against any kind of attacks against Azerbaijan. Upper Karabakh, or Nagorno-Karabakh, an internationally recognized territory of Azerbaijan, has been illegally occupied since 1991 through Armenian military aggression.

Four UN Security Council resolutions and two UN General Assembly resolutions as well as decisions by many international organizations refer to this fact and demand the withdrawal of the occupational Armenian forces from Upper Karabakh and seven other occupied regions of Azerbaijan.

Continue Reading

Featured

India Committed to Funding, Building Chabahar Railway Project In Iran – Indian Officials

TOI quoting senior officials at the Indian embassy in the Iranian capital said, “India is committed to building the Chabahar-Zahedan railway line and is continuously engaged with Iranian authorities concerned to take this important project forward.”

Published

on

On the recent reports that Iran had sidelined India from the Chabahar port railway project, New Delhi has contradicted Iran’s assertions that it is out of the Chabahar-Zahedan rail project.

Iran-India Chabahar Port Deal: Iran Kicks-Out India from Chabahar Rail Project citing funding delays

Senior Indian officials saying that New Delhi remained “committed” to financing and building the railway which is a vital part of the Chabahar port project, reports the Times of India.

TOI quoting senior officials at the Indian embassy in the Iranian capital said, “India is committed to building the Chabahar-Zahedan railway line and is continuously engaged with Iranian authorities concerned to take this important project forward.”

US Troops Withdraw From Five Bases in Afghanistan As Part Of Peace Deal With Taliban – Officials

The Iranian government source according to the reports explained – It was anticipated that besides investment in the Chabahar Port, New Delhi could also play a significant role in financing and building this vital transit route from Chabahar to Zahedan and from Zahedan to Sarakhs at the border with Turkmenistan which in the absence of active Indian engagement & funding is being developed by Iran.

US exasperated over Iran-China $400 billion pact

The Zahedan railway project reportedly has two elements — the ‘sub-structure’ which is earth-moving and making the ground for the tracks and the ‘super-structure’ which comprises the tracks and rakes. Tehran is responsible for the first part while New Delhi for the rest. However, the Indian part needs steel which is presently under US sanctions, and this has caused a delay, states the TOI report.

The port, however, is doing exhilarating business and has been shielded from US sanctions purely by Indian diplomacy.

Fact Check – Why Russia’s Coronavirus Vaccine Does Not Signal an End to COVID-19 Pandemic?

Continue Reading

Featured

US Troops Withdraw From Five Bases in Afghanistan As Part Of Peace Deal With Taliban – Officials

The US has withdrawn from five military bases in Afghanistan. Afghan media outlet Tolo reported the five U.S. bases that closed are located in Helmand, Uruzgan, Paktika and Laghman provinces, in southern and eastern Afghanistan. 

Published

on

The US has closed five military bases in Afghanistan as part of an agreement with the Taliban, a Pentagon official said Tuesday. The official, who wanted to remain anonymous, confirmed the bases were in Helmand, Uruzgan, Paktika and Laghman provinces.

According to the deal, the US had 135 days to fulfil its pledge to reduce troops to 8,600 from nearly 14,000 in the conflict-hit country, which ended Monday.

The agreement was signed Feb. 29 and is aimed at reducing violence in hopes of fostering bilateral talks between the Afghan government and the extremist group to end the war-torn nation’s 18-year conflict.

The Taliban agreed not to allow al-Qaeda, Daesh or any other militant group to operate in areas they control, as part of the pact.

“The U.S. has worked hard to carry out the 1st phase of its commitments under the Agreement, including to reduce forces & depart five bases. NATO troops have come down in proportional numbers,” Khalilzad said on Twitter.

Afghan media outlet Tolo News reported the five U.S. bases that closed are located in Helmand, Uruzgan, Paktika and Laghman provinces, in southern and eastern Afghanistan. The larger U.S. bases in Bagram, located outside Kabul, and Kandahar Air Field in southern Afghanistan remain open.

Despite the reduction in U.S. soldiers as part of the pact, violence between the Taliban and Afghan forces has spiked in recent months, according to the Afghan government.

Earlier, as EurAsian Times reported, US President Donald Trump has reiterated his resolve to “bring our soldiers back home” from Afghanistan, publicly questioning the purpose of the U.S. military presence in the war-torn region of Afghanistan.

Donald Trump reemphasised his objective amid reports that the ongoing U.S. troop withdrawal from Afghanistan “is well ahead of schedule” outlined in a historical pact signed between the US and Taliban to end the nearly 19-year-old war.

“We are acting as a police force, not the fighting force that we are, in Afghanistan,” Trump tweeted Wednesday. After 19 years, it was time for Afghan authorities to police their own country, he wrote.

Under the U.S.-Taliban pact, Washington had promised to reduce its military strength in Afghanistan from about 13,000 to 8,600 by mid-July before withdrawing all soldiers, along with several thousand partners in a NATO-led non-combatant mission by mid-2021.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Facebook

FEATURED

Armenia-Azerbaijan Armenia-Azerbaijan
Featured10 mins ago

Azerbaijani General, 16 Others Killed In Azerbaijan-Armenia Border Clash

Azerbaijan-Armenia Border Clash conflict commenced on Sunday and Azerbaijan said it has lost 11 soldiers and one civilian while Armenia...

India-Iran Relations India-Iran Relations
Featured1 hour ago

India Committed to Funding, Building Chabahar Railway Project In Iran – Indian Officials

TOI quoting senior officials at the Indian embassy in the Iranian capital said, “India is committed to building the Chabahar-Zahedan...

eurasian times eurasian times
Featured12 hours ago

US Troops Withdraw From Five Bases in Afghanistan As Part Of Peace Deal With Taliban – Officials

The US has withdrawn from five military bases in Afghanistan. Afghan media outlet Tolo reported the five U.S. bases that...

Pakistan-Turkey-Relations Pakistan-Turkey-Relations
Featured12 hours ago

Pakistan Affirms Full Support To Turkey On The Eve Of Defeated Coup In Ankara

Pakistan, he added, “stands by Turkey and has been taking all possible steps to support Turkey’s efforts to address the...

atgm-india atgm-india
Featured15 hours ago

With China In Mind, India To ‘Urgently’ Acquire Heron Drones, Spike ATGM From Israel

India plans to acquire for Heron drones and Spike anti-tank guided missiles (ATGM) from Israel under the emergency financial powers...

Turkey-EU Relations Turkey-EU Relations
Featured15 hours ago

EU’s Free Trade Agreement (FTA) with Vietnam Leaves India Fuming

EU’s Free Trade Agreement (FTA) with Vietnam has come as a big blow to India. India has started trade talks...

china-detention-camps china-detention-camps
Featured20 hours ago

Galwan Valley Clash: Has China denied burial permission to family of dead PLA soldiers?

The US intelligence report, as per Indian media, claims that China is not accepting that its soldiers have been killed...

nasa-comet-india nasa-comet-india
Americas1 day ago

Comet Neowise in India: Rare Neowise Comet will be visible in North-West India from Today – NASA

NASA Comet Neowise India: NASA’s Neowise infrared space telescope discovered the comet on 27 March. Scientists involved in the mission...

India-Iran-Ties India-Iran-Ties
Featured1 day ago

Iran-India Chabahar Port Deal: Iran Kicks-Out India from Chabahar Rail Project citing funding delays

Iran-India Chabahar Port Deal: The railway project was meant to be part of India’s vow to the trilateral deal between...

Mike-Pompeo Mike-Pompeo
Americas1 day ago

US-China ties to worsen as Trump set to block all Chinese claims in South China Sea

Ties between US and China could dramatically worsen over the South China Sea after Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said...

Advertisement

Trending