Indian CRPF and other paramilitary forces posted in Kashmir can avail the commercial flight facility. The Indian Home Ministry issued the orders following the deadly terror attack in Pulwama.
Indian Ministry of Home Affairs issued an order saying,” It has approved the entitlement of air travel on Delhi-Srinagar, Srinagar-Delhi, Jammu-Srinagar and Srinagar-Jammu sectors to all the personnel of the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs)”.
The order from the Ministry of Home Affairs stated that the decision will directly benefit approximately 7.8 lakh paramilitary personnel of the ranks of constable, a head constable and assistant sub-inspector who were otherwise not eligible earlier.
“This includes a journey on duty and journey on leave, ie while going on leave from J&K to home and return,” the order noted. The facility is an addition to the existing air courier services for CAPFs where an entire aircraft is reserved for the force personnel from either Delhi or Jammu to Srinagar and back.
“Jawans and sub-officers, the ranks who were killed in the February 14 suicide attack in Pulwama in J&K, will now be able to book tickets in commercial flights and claim reimbursement from their organization or force”, a senior official said.
More News at EurAsian Times
- Indian Military Base in Sabang can Strangle China at the Strait of Malacca
- Why is Japan Unhappy with Bullet Train Project in India?
- Is Saudi-UAE Alliance Working to Weaken the Gulf Cooperation Council?
- India-Japan Defence Partnership Aggressively Countering China
- Oman-UAE Relations Deteriorate; Muscat Warns Against Testing Patience