Why are the Baltic Countries interested to host a US Military Base in Poland? The Prime Ministers of the Baltic Countries declared their support towards Warsaw’s desire to host a permanent US Military Base in Poland. This was announced by the Heads of Government of Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania during a joint press conference in Tallinn, the Estonian Capital.
Must Read at EurAsian Times
- Indian Military Base in Sabang, Indonesia can Strangle China at the Strait of Malacca
- From Asia to Africa, India-Japan Defence Partnership Aggressively Countering China
- China’s “String of Pearls” Strategy resulted in India’s 1st Loss at the Indian Ocean
- How India Won Bangladesh and Lost Kashmir in 1971: Kashmir Dispute
- Is JF-17 Thunder Fighter Jet a Better Choice than HAL Tejas?
“The presence of US Military Base in Poland near the Baltic states is very important from the Estonian perspective. We would welcome the presence of US Military Base in Poland, “said Prime Minister of Estonia Juri Ratas.
He added that the unity of the US and the Baltic countries in the military field should be preserved. “I think that we would all be interested in the presence of the US in our region,” PM of Lithuania Saulius Skvernelis said. “It is very important that the resolutions of the Warsaw summit of NATO are executed. We should continue to work to strengthen the security, and continue our alliance with the United States, “Latvian PM Maris Kucinskis said.
Earlier, as reported by EurAsian Times, it became known that Warsaw was willing to pay up to USD 2 billion for the creation of a permanent US Military base in Poland. This amount should cover a major part of the funds for the development of the relevant infrastructure and support the combat readiness of troops. Additionally, part of the infrastructure that is already being used by Polish Ministry of Defense can easily be assigned to the use of the US military.
In response, Russian Ministry of defence stated that If diplomatic efforts fail to persuade Warsaw to abandon the idea of hosting US Military base in Poland, then Moscow will have, and indeed already is prepared to take countermeasures.
Read More at EurAsian Times
- China, India, Turkey & Saudi: Why Everyone Seeks the S-400 Air Defence System?
- Indian Railways Ranked No.1 in the World for Unpunctuality
- Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman Critically Injured or Dead?
- Best Friends India-Israel Relations in Trouble Over Iranian Nuclear Deal?
- A Dangerous Cold War is Brewing between US, Russia and China
- Al-Jazeera Criticises NYT Editorial on Kashmir, Kashmiri Pandits Ask Counter Questions