China has lauded the efforts of Saudi Arabia to invest $21 billion cash-strapped Pakistan. In the context of Saudi investment in especially in the port city of Gwadar, both China and Pakistan welcomed third parties to join the ambitious CPEC project and connect to the world.
Saudi Arabia Signs 20 Billion Investment Deals With Pakistan To Boost Economic Relations
In an interactive session with the media, China’s Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Geng Shuang said: “The CPEC is a pioneering project of the Belt and Road Initiative and has been following the principle of wide consultation, joint contribution, and shared benefits.”
Responding to what’s China comment on the Saudi investment in Gwadar where the former is already undertaking a lot of mega projects, the spokesperson emphasised saying,” China and Pakistan have a consensus to welcome third parties to join the CPEC to help the region to enhance economic cooperation and connectivity”.
“Pakistan and India are both important countries in South Asia and a stable relationship between the two countries are crucial to regional peace, stability, and development”, the spokesperson said.
More News at EurAsian Times
- Indian Military Base in Sabang can Strangle China at the Strait of Malacca
- Why is Japan Unhappy with Bullet Train Project in India?
- Is Saudi-UAE Alliance Working to Weaken the Gulf Cooperation Council?
- India-Japan Defence Partnership Aggressively Countering China
- Oman-UAE Relations Deteriorate; Muscat Warns Against Testing Patience