The objective of Eurasian Times (ET NEWS) is to provide an opportunity to the users globally to share and publish their news, views, reviews, ideas, opinions, consumer complaints, expert reviews and knowledge with the rest of the world. These kind of avenues cause awareness and help people understand different perspectives and enhances their sense of judgement. Users are expected to gain the public respect which will eventually increase their visibility in the online world. Users are required to maintain high degree of professionalism and integrity while publishing their news, views or reviews with Eurasian Times as a citizen journalist.
Code of Media Ethics at EurAsian Times (ET NEWS)
- Ensures that he/she maintains highest level of professional and ethical standards while submitting the news, views, online reviews on Eurasian Times. The content must be cross verified and should be fair, accurate and based on facts.
- Ensures that disclaimers are properly mentioned and there is no misrepresentation of facts and figures.
- Ensures that all the minute details have been properly taken care of.
- Shall not be a party to news suppression.
- Shall mention a person’s ethnicity, caste, sect, creed, sexual preference only if this information is absolutely essential to share.
- Shall neither originate nor process material which encourages feeling of racism, discrimination, prejudice or hatred on any of the above mentioned accounts.
- Shall not interfere into anybody’s private life, grief or distress.
- Shall not write with an intend to form or create opinion about a set of community.
- Shall take care while reporting on militants/insurgents/extremists of the need to balance public interest with the danger of ‘advertising’ extremist ideologies.
- Shall not upload unpleasant images of violence, defaced bodies and victims of any catastrophe, unless unavoidable and essential to the public interest.
- Shall not identify or photograph minor children and infants who are the result of sexual abuse, forced marriage or any sort of irresponsible partnering of their parents.
- Shall not post photograph of victims of sexual violence without their permission. In case of minors, special attention must be given, and permission sought from their parent/guardian.
- Shall not identify the accused accused in cases of sexual violence untill the latter has been charged by the court. Citizen journalists must also honor copyright, when using any material from external sources.
- Shall follow at all times the guidelines of listed use of the social media.
- Shall not not debilitate the rule of law. Citizen journalist must abide by national and international laws and treaties, while reporting any news, views, and reviews.