Indian government achieved its aim of distributing 8 crore LPG connections under Pradhan Mantri Ujwala Yojana. India is now ranked at the second spot for global LPG consumption in the world.
Saudi a Key Partner Against Iran; $110 Billion Arms Deal in Pipeline: Trump
At the Asia LPG summit organised jointly by Indian Oil, Hindustan Petroleum and Bharat Petroleum – with the World LPG Association (WLPGA), Petroleum Minister, Dharmendra Pradhan said: “In January this year, LPG connections under the PMUY have crossed the 6-crore mark. The coverage of LPG in the country has now reached 90% rising from about 55% in 2014… We are confident of reaching out the target of 8 crore connections”.
With the government’s initiative that has empowered women by facilitating clean cooking fuel, India has ranked at the second spot in consumption of LPG in the world behind China. The demand for LPG is expected to rise 34percent by 2025.
According to the Oil Ministry, the consumption of LPG is expected to reach 30.3 million tonnes by 2025. The Ujjwala Yojana provides free cooking gas connections to people living below the poverty line. This scheme covers nearly 6.31 crore people.
More News at EurAsian Times
- Indian Military Base in Vietnam To Protect Hanoi’s Territorial Interest
- Indian Military Base in Sabang can Strangle China at the Strait of Malacca
- Saudi Money, US Weapons, Israeli Intelligence Fuelling Arab NATO – Iran
- Will Ayni Airbase in Tajikistan Become India’s 1st Overseas Military Base?
- Indonesia Opens Another Military Base at Natuna Islands To Counter Aggressive China