Was the Indian Army behind the murder of Mir Hafeezullah – pro-independence leader? A senior leader of Tehreek-e-Hurriyat Azad Jammu and Kashmir Mir Hafeezullah was killed by disguised Indian troops in Anantnag district, according to Radio Pakistan.
- What Links the Kashmiri Militants with the US Special Forces in Afghanistan?
- Can Sajjad Lone – Separatists Turned Pro-India Politician Be the Next CM of Jammu & Kashmir?
According to the Pakistan Media perspective, Indian forces reportedly barged into Hafeezullah’s house in Achabal and opened indiscriminate fire, injuring him and his wife. They were rushed to the nearby hospital where the doctors pronounced Mir Hafeezullah dead.
The Foreign Office of Pakstan condemned the brutal killing of the Kashmiri leader along with continuing Indian atrocities in the Jammu and Kashmir.
Earlier, three other Hurriyat leaders, Muhammad Yousuf Nadeem, Hakeemur Rehman Sultani and Tariq Ahmed Ganai, had become victims of targeted killing by Indian forces since February this year, according to Pakistan Tribune.
Hurriyat leaders and organisations in their separate statements strongly condemned the targeted killing of Mir Hafeezullah.
Earlier, four militants and a soldier were killed when an encounter broke out between militants and the Indian security forces in Shopian district according to officials. Two other Army men were injured in the gunbattle.
More News at EurAsian Times
- Indian Military Base in Sabang can Strangle China at the Strait of Malacca
- Why is Japan Unhappy with Bullet Train Project in India?
- Saudi Crown Prince Unravels Deep Secrets Behind Wahhabism and Yemen War
- Al-Qaeda Recruiting Kashmiri Militants for Ghazwa-e-Hind Plan for India
- From Asia to Africa, India-Japan Defence Partnership Aggressively Countering China