Pakistan Media has revealed that the lion’s share of foreigners seeking Pakistani citizenship came from India during the last 10 years.
Nine Reasons Why Turkey Purchasing The S-400 Missile Defence Systems?
Out of the 635 foreigners to become citizens of the country, 461 came from India. While Afghanistan and Srilanka came in second and third. Interestingly, only four Chinese nationals opted to take up Pakistani citizenship.
Tensions between Pakistan and Indian escalated rapidly following a suicide car bombing that killed at least 40 Indian paramilitary police in Jammu and Kashmir on February 14.
India accused Pakistan of harbouring the Jaish-e-Mohammad group behind the attack and PM Narendra Modi promised a strong response. Islamabad denied it helps the militant Islamist group and asked India to share proof.
Indian warplanes bombed Jabba Top, a hilly forest area near the northern town of Balakot, about 40km from occupied Kashmir. On February 27, one Indian Air Force fighter jet was downed and a pilot captured by the Pakistani security forces.
More News at EurAsian Times
- Indian Military Base in Sabang can Strangle China at the Strait of Malacca
- Why is Japan Unhappy with Bullet Train Project in India?
- Is Saudi-UAE Alliance Working to Weaken the Gulf Cooperation Council?
- India-Japan Defence Partnership Aggressively Countering China
- Oman-UAE Relations Deteriorate; Muscat Warns Against Testing Patience