Iranian President rejected Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif’s resignation and praised his significant contribution in Iran’s foreign policy. Iranian President called Zarif’s resignation against the country’s interests.
According to the government’s official website, Iranian President Hassan Rouhani wrote in a letter to Zarif saying, “I believe your resignation is against the country’s interests and do not approve it.”
“I consider you, as put by the leader, to be ‘trustworthy, brave and pious’ and in the forefront of resistance against America’s all-out pressure,” Zarif added referring to Iran’s supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.
According to media reports, a “diplomatic incident” within the Iranian leadership was the key reason for the resignation of Zarif. It is believed that Zarif was not informed about the visit of Syrian President Bashar Al Assad to Tehran which took place on February 25. As a result, the Foreign Minister was allegedly “offended” and immediately announced his resignation from the post of Foreign Minister. Zarif brought this news to the public in a rather exotic way by posting a resignation message on his Instagram page.
“As ordered several times, all bodies – including government or state bodies – must be in full coordination with this ministry with regards to foreign relations,” the president said in his letter.
More News at EurAsian Times
- Indian Military Base in Vietnam To Protect Hanoi’s Territorial Interest
- Indian Military Base in Sabang can Strangle China at the Strait of Malacca
- Saudi Money, US Weapons, Israeli Intelligence Fuelling Arab NATO – Iran
- Will Ayni Airbase in Tajikistan Become India’s 1st Overseas Military Base?
- Indonesia Opens Another Military Base at Natuna Islands To Counter Aggressive China