Israeli fighter jets attacked 80 targets across the Gaza Strip in response to the missile attacks from the Palestinians’ side. Earlier, at least, 30 rockets were fired at the Israeli territory from Gaza’s side intensifying the regional tension.
- India, Pakistan, Autonomy or Freedom: What is the Permanent Solution to the Kashmir Dispute?
- Pakistan is the Biggest Enemy of Afghanistan, India a Defence Partner: Former NDS Chief
The IDF’s press service reported that “Tens of combat jets and helicopters of the Israel Defense Forces attacked the facilities of the Hamas terrorist organization in the Gaza Strip”.
Israel attacked the accommodations of the Palestinian militants in the territory in response to missiles directing its territory. Israeli forces shot and killed five Palestinians protesting along the edge of Hamas-ruled Gaza and Israel.
The Israeli military announced that it had struck about 80 sites across Gaza including, a security headquarters building. Air raid sirens sounded throughout the night in southern Israel, with firing some 30 rockets.
The army added that Israel’s military chief, General Gadi Eisenkot summoned an emergency meeting of top security officials and about 10 rockets were intercepted by its Iron Dome rocket defence system, two landed prematurely in Gaza and the rest fell in open areas.
The fighting and bloodshed complicated the mission of Egyptian mediators, who have intensified shuttle diplomacy to achieve calm and prevent a full-blown conflict between Hamas and Israel. There was no word on injuries as a result of the air attacks.
More News at EurAsian Times
- Is PM Modi Planning to Divide J&K into 3 Parts Before 2019 Elections?
- India Using Israel’s “Palestine Strategy” To Crush Rebellion in Kashmir?
- Saudi Money, US Weapons, Israeli Intelligence Fuelling Arab NATO – Iran
- Indian Army Knows The Exact Location of 12 Terror Launch Pads in Pakistan; But Can They Strike?