KL Rahul continued his IPL form and improved his profile further to seal India’s win against England in the first T20 vs England. KL Rahul, 26 years of age, became only the second Indian batsman to have scored two T20 centuries, and his batting style is impressing every cricket fan. KL Rahul scored an unbeaten 101 off just 54 balls as he carried his sensational IPL form to the England tour.
- Rahul Dravid and Ricky Ponting Added to the ICC Hall of Fame
- Is Pakistan Bribing West Indian Players to Tour Pakistan For T20 Cricket Series?
India won the toss and put England in to bat first. After a fiery start, England could only manage 159 from their quota of 20 overs. Kuldeep Yadav was the pick of the Indian bowlers having scalped 5 wickets. In response, India posted an easy win to start their campaign against England.
KL Rahul has emerged to be a batsman who just does not exhibit great class and batting style but also great maturity. He likes to take the onus to finish the game and this is a great quality. His plays proper cricketing shots and his batting style has got people going berserk. The Bangalore guy certainly has what it takes to be the next big thing in Indian cricket. If you can overshadow the likes of Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma then you’ve got to be special.
Rahul was purchased by the Kings XI Punjab in IPL 2018 for a hefty price tag of 11 crores. He proved his worth in every game and went on to score 659 runs from 14 innings. He was among the top scorers in IPL 2018 and he has carried his IPL form to international cricket. He played a sensational knock of 70 against Ireland in the second T20 and then followed it up with a brilliant century at Manchester on Tuesday.
The 22-year-old now has 671 runs from 15 innings at a staggering average in excess of 55. That is unbelievable in terms of T20 standards. His handsome strike rate of 155.9 speaks for his class. He can hit at that strike rate without really slogging. Is he the next big thing in the Indian Cricket after Virat Kohli?
More News at EurAsian Times
- Indian Military Base in Sabang can Strangle China at the Strait of Malacca
- Delhi’s $100M Gift a Bribe for Indian Military Base in Seychelles?
- Is Saudi-UAE Alliance Working to Weaken the Gulf Cooperation Council?
- From Asia to Africa, India-Japan Defence Partnership Aggressively Countering China
- Oman-UAE Relations Deteriorate; Muscat Warns Against Testing Patience