The Chinese government has welcomed the readiness of the Government of the Republic of Korea (South Korea) to negotiate with Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (North Korea) while appreciating Pyongyang’s plan to send its athletes to the upcoming winter Olympic Games to be conducted in South Korea.
This was announced at a briefing by the spokesperson of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People’s Republic of China, Geng Shuang. We received positive signals from the leaders of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea and the Republic of Korea (South Korea) about advancing bilateral relations between two nations and participation of the North Korean athletes in the Olympic Games.” This is a positive development, Geng Shuang said.
“We welcome the North Korean decision and support both sides in their endeavour to use this opportunity and take definite steps to enhance bilateral relations, de-escalate the situation on the Korean peninsula and work towards the ultimate goals of denuclearization,” Geng Shuang stressed.
North Korean leader Kim Jong-un in his New Year’s address stated the readiness of the authorities of the country to send their athletes to the Winter Olympics in South Korea. In response, South Korean President Mun Zhe Ying instructed his government to begin preparations for talks with North Korea about its possible participation in the upcoming Winter Olympics.
- US-North Korea: How will North Korea React to US Invasion?
- Why is China so Disturbed with THAAD Missiles?
- US Prepares to Counter North Korea’s Submarine Launched Ballistic Missiles
- Prepare For War with North Korea : Government Advisers Urges China
- Washington and Moscow Should Resolve North Korean Crisis: Trump
- US-South Korea Conduct “Vigilant Ace 18”, World’s Biggest Air Force Drills
- Russia banned from 2018 Winter Olympics by IOC