Pakistan Army chief expressed satisfaction over the current security situation as well as the continuing socio-economic development projects in Balochistan, the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said.
On his visit to Quetta, the chief of army staff (COAS) was briefed about the security situation of the province, pursuance of the National Action Plan and Operation Radd-ul-Fasaad, and development projects initiated as part of Khush Hal Balochistan Programme.
“These steps will help elevating the overall security and socio-economic indicators in the province,” Gen Qamar was quoted as saying.
According to the military’s media wing, the army chief said that Balochistan “is future of Pakistan and it is our duty to fully assist the government and the people of Balochistan towards a shining future”.
Later, the COAS visited School of Infantry and Tactics, Quetta and met with the faculty.
“Pakistan Army has played an important role for reduction in the internal security threats as well as effective response along borders,” he said.
The nation, he added, acknowledged and fully supported Pakistan Army’s contributions in the state’s fight against terrorism and militancy. “We shall always come up to the expectations of the people of Pakistan who are our real strength” Gen Qamar concluded.
More News at EurAsian Times
- Indian Military Base in Sabang can Strangle China at the Strait of Malacca
- Why is Japan Unhappy with Bullet Train Project in India?
- Is Saudi-UAE Alliance Working to Weaken the Gulf Cooperation Council?
- India-Japan Defence Partnership Aggressively Countering China
- Oman-UAE Relations Deteriorate; Muscat Warns Against Testing Patience