The FIFA World Cup is on and the home team, Russia is going places. The coach of the team, Stanislav Cherchesov has immense gratitude to extend to Vladimir Putin for his support. Stanislav Cherchesov feels that messages from the Russian President are acting as a mode of extra motivation for the Russian team.
- Russia Slams Canada Over Remarks On Its Democracy
- Brazil vs Belgium: Will One of Them Lift the the FIFA World Cup 2019?
Putin was present at the stands in the opening game between Russia and Saudi Arabia in which Russia wrecked Saudi Arabia. Since then he has not attended any more FIFA World Cup Matches but Stanislav Cherchesov says that he continues to be in touch him. Russia will take on Croatia in the quarter-finals on Saturday. Stanislav Cherchesov said in the pre-match conference that Putin had called him before the game against Spain and extended his support. He said that when the President of the nation is supporting you and the players know it, things become really comfortable and easy.
In the last 16 stage, Russia beat Spain 4-3 in the penalty shootouts and wild celebrations were triggered in Moscow and the whole of Russia. Spain was brutally knocked out by Russia after they plundered Saudi Arabia in their opening game at the FIFA world cup 2018.
The Unexpected World Cup
The FIFA World Cup 2018 has been a surprising one so far. Germany, the defending champions were knocked out in the group stages itself. Then in the final 16 stage, the top teams like Argentina, Portugal and Spain were knocked out of the World Cup. Now Russia braces for the Croatia challenge.
The Croatia Challenge
Croatia has been unbeaten in the tournament so far. Croatia beat Argentina 3-0, Nigeria 2-0, Iceland 2-1 in group D of the World Cup 2018. The Croats then beat Denmark in the Round of 16. They will be carrying a great impetus into the game on Saturday and Russia will surely need some extra motivation.
More News at EurAsian Times
- Indian Military Base in Sabang can Strangle China at the Strait of Malacca
- Why is Japan Unhappy with Bullet Train Project in India?
- Is Saudi-UAE Alliance Working to Weaken the Gulf Cooperation Council?
- From Asia to Africa, India-Japan Defence Partnership Aggressively Countering China
- Oman-UAE Relations Deteriorate; Muscat Warns Against Testing Patience