Russian President Vladimir Putin stated that he viewed the latest fifth-generation Su-57 fighter jet as the world’s best military aircraft. His views question the American F-22 Raptor which is widely believed to the best fighter jet in the world.
“This is the best plane today, the world’s best aircraft,” Putin said at a meeting with the winners of the Russian Leaders contest. This is the world’s best plane “by all its operational characteristics and by its armament,” the Russian leader added.
“No other aircraft can fly as well as our plane,” the head of the Russian state stressed.
The Su-57 is a fifth-generation multirole fighter designed to destroy all types of air targets at long and short distances and hit the enemy ground and naval targets, overcoming its air defence capabilities.
The Su-57 took to the skies for the first time on January 29, 2010. Compared to its predecessors, the Su-57 combines the functions of an attack plane and a fighter jet while the use of composite materials and innovative technologies and the fighter’s aerodynamic configuration ensure the low level of radar and infrared signature.
The plane’s armament will include, in particular, hypersonic missiles. The fifth-generation fighter jet has been successfully tested in combat conditions in Syria.
More News at EurAsian Times
- Indian Military Base in Sabang can Strangle China at the Strait of Malacca
- Why is Japan Unhappy with Bullet Train Project in India?
- Is Saudi-UAE Alliance Working to Weaken the Gulf Cooperation Council?
- India-Japan Defence Partnership Aggressively Countering China
- Oman-UAE Relations Deteriorate; Muscat Warns Against Testing Patience