Two Russian fighter jets Sukhoi-27 forced a US B-52 bomber to move away from the Russian border, the Defense Ministry told the media on Thursday.
American B-52 bomber was flying over international waters of the Baltic Sea. Russia’s air space control means identified it far away from the border and put it under observation.
Two Sukhoi-27 jets of the air defence forces were ordered to identify and escort the aircraft. After the strategic bomber B-52H changed course to move away from the Russian state border the jets returned to base, the Defense Ministry’s statement says.
The Defense Ministry has uploaded a video of the incident to its Facebook page.
More News at EurAsian Times
- Indian Military Base in Sabang can Strangle China at the Strait of Malacca
- Why is Japan Unhappy with Bullet Train Project in India?
- Is Saudi-UAE Alliance Working to Weaken the Gulf Cooperation Council?
- India-Japan Defence Partnership Aggressively Countering China
- Oman-UAE Relations Deteriorate; Muscat Warns Against Testing Patience