The new ear of the US-Canada Relations is anything but pleasant. Under the regime of Donald Trump, the ever-friendly US-Canada relations are crumbling. The US Maritime Patrols are now harassing Canadian fishing boats in the waters of the Grey Zone. As much as 21 fishing boats from Canada were intercepted and the crew was harassed by the officers of the US Border Patrols. This has hurt US-Canada ties very hard.
- Russia Warns Canada of Severe Consequences
- US-Germany Relations Deteriorate; Trump Threatens To Pullout from Germany
What is the Grey Zone?
Grey Zone is the disputed maritime territory in North Atlantic. For years before the fishermen from the two nations have worked here alongside each other and there has been no conflict. But now the US patrols are not just harassing the Canadian fishing boats but also many fishing boats of the US itself. This area which is just 435 square miles in the area is popular for the delicious northern lobsters.
As reported by Canada’s National Post the immigration officers from the US have intercepted a slew of vessels in the area. The law enforcement narratives in the area have intensified from the side of the US. Will this further deteriorate the US-Canada relations?
Here is what the US said
Here is what Canada Said
More News at EurAsian Times
- Indian Military Base in Sabang can Strangle China at the Strait of Malacca
- Why is Japan Unhappy with Bullet Train Project in India?
- Is Saudi-UAE Alliance Working to Weaken the Gulf Cooperation Council?
- From Asia to Africa, India-Japan Defence Partnership Aggressively Countering China
- Oman-UAE Relations Deteriorate; Muscat Warns Against Testing Patience