Is the US attempting to disrupt Germany-France Relations? The United States, through various policies, is sowing disagreements between France and Germany on International Trade. This was expressed by the Minister of Economy and Finance of France Bruno Le Maire, who said that US trade war poses a big risk to European economy and integrity.
- Why Does France Want a Separate Military Alliance with the UK despite NATO?
- Operation Resolute Support – Ukraine To Increase Troops in Afghanistan
“It’s obvious that the commercial war has already begun; We, the Europeans, need to act as a united front and protect our interests as never before because the US is pursuing the goal of securing a split among Europeans. They want that between France and Germany disagreements on commercial and international trade, “- the French Ministry of Economy told the AFP.
In late March, the US imposed tariffs on imports of steel and aluminium – 25% and 10% respectively. At the same time, Donald Trump also threatened to impose a 20% duty on cars imported from the EU countries. German Chancellor Angela Merkel unilaterally stated that she was “ready” to discuss the issue of duties on cars with the United States. Thus, Merkel confirmed the possibility of her country holding discussions with the US United States about a commercial problem that had evaded the European Commission.
“We can not reconcile ourselves to the fact that a commercial war has been declared between the allies, between the American and European people,” said Bruno Le Maire. He also expressed confidence by posting this quote on Twitter that “in the coming months at the pan-European level it will be possible to achieve a fair taxation of Internet giants.”
Earlier, as EurAsian Times reported, high-ranking sources involved in the preparation of the NATO Summit are concerned that US President Donald Trump will begin talks with Russian President Vladimir Putin “about reshaping the security landscape in Europe”. However, experts fear that if the leaders of NATO countries “refuse to meet Trump’s demands” to increase defence spending, them this could adversely hamper European security.
More News at EurAsian Times
- Indian Military Base in Sabang can Strangle China at the Strait of Malacca
- Why is Japan Unhappy with Bullet Train Project in India?
- Is Saudi-UAE Alliance Working to Weaken the Gulf Cooperation Council?
- From Asia to Africa, India-Japan Defence Partnership Aggressively Countering China
- Oman-UAE Relations Deteriorate; Muscat Warns Against Testing Patience