Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif spoke conversed with Pakistan Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi and offered mediation between India and Pakistan, after shot down an Indian fighter jet.
Meet the Pakistan Air Force Pilot Who Shot Down Indian MIG 21 Bison
Zarif, whose Monday’s resignation was rejected by Rouhani urged both nations to practice restraint, the semi-official news agency ISNA reported. ISNA said Zarif is going to speak to his Indian counterpart as well but did not specify any date.
The Pakistani military on Wednesday announced it has shot down two Indian fighter jets that had attempted to violate Pakistan’s airspace once again and has captured a pilot. The military’s media wing later released a video of the pilot, who introduced himself as Wing Commander Abhinandan bearing the service number 27981.
The development came a day after the country’s civil and military leadership declared the violation of airspace by Indian fighter jets “uncalled for aggression” and decided that the country would respond at the “time and place of its choosing”.
More News at EurAsian Times
- Indian Military Base in Sabang can Strangle China at the Strait of Malacca
- Why is Japan Unhappy with Bullet Train Project in India?
- Is Saudi-UAE Alliance Working to Weaken the Gulf Cooperation Council?
- India-Japan Defence Partnership Aggressively Countering China
- Oman-UAE Relations Deteriorate; Muscat Warns Against Testing Patience