Indian tourists continue to throng Israel which witnessed a growth of 82% from January to June in the last three years. Over 40,000 Indian tourists travelled to Israel in the last six months, according to Israel Ministry of Tourism (IMOT). Israel also observed a mountainous 17,800 arrivals of Indian visitors with 115% growth in May, compared to 8,300 visitors in May 2015.
- Air India Flight: Now Direct Air India Flight to Israel over Saudi Arabia
- Indonesian Tourism Board to Attract Indian Tourists Visiting Malaysia, Singapore
Hassan Madah, Director, Israel Ministry of Tourism India & Philippines said, “We have been seeing a steady year on year growth of Indian tourists to Israel and we are extremely delighted with the consistent arrival of tourists from India.
India has been a significant market for us and I am pleased to say that it has been one of the best-performing markets in Asia. A lot of initiatives have facilitated to this success and with the recent reduction in visa fee for Indian tourists.
What Makes Israel Attractive for Indian Tourists?
In March 2018, Air India launched direct, nonstop flight between Delhi and Tel Aviv with the flight duration of seven hours and 10 minutes. Following the remarkable response, the Indian debt-ridden national carrier declared an increase in frequency between Delhi and Tel Aviv. To promote more Indian tourists to visit Israel, The Ministry of Tourism also launched its advertising summer campaign to attract more Indian tourists to visit Israel during the peak holiday season of April – June.
In December 2017, easy visa documentation process was brought in for tourists who already have Schengen, US, Canada, Australia or Israel Visa’s. In September 2017, the Ministry launched one-year multiple entry visas for Indian business travellers to Israel. They also announced a reduction in visa fee for Indian tourists to Rs. 1,100 from Rs. 1,700. charge for Indian citizens.
An unexplored, mesmerizing destination, growing India-Israel relations, an aggressive campaign by the Israeli ministry of tourism and above all a hearty welcome for Indian tourists has made Israel a hot destination for Indian travellers.
More News at EurAsian Times
- Indian Military Base in Sabang can Strangle China at the Strait of Malacca
- India-US 2+2 Dialogue: India Needs to choose Between US and Russia
- Is Saudi-UAE Alliance Working to Weaken the Gulf Cooperation Council?
- From Asia to Africa, India-Japan Defence Partnership Aggressively Countering China
- Will Indian Army Get a Free Hand in Kashmir post PDP-BJP Divorce?