Indian web series on Netflix named “Sacred Games’ has been dragged to the court. The Delhi High Court will hear a plea seeking deletion of certain scenes from the highly appreciated web series which apparently are derogatory to former Indian Prime Minister, Rajiv Gandhi. Sacred Games in very little time has won great accolades from viewers who have described it as the best Indian web series.
- Make in India Project Gets Big Boosts from Modi’s “Hugplomacy” with South Korea
- Meet the Indian – The Unsung Hero of Football Team’s Rescue in Thailand
The plea was filed against a certain set of scenes and dialogues which have been accused of being defamatory to the former PM. The plea will be heard by the Delhi High Court on July 12.
Sacred Games is a web series directed by ace Bollywood director Anurag Kashyap and stars Saif Ali Khan, Nawazuddin Siddiqui and other prominent Bollywood actors. Sacred Games is the first Indian original from Netflix and it is based on the novel written by Vikram Chandra in the year 2006, which had the same name.
Saif Ali Khan plays the lead role in Sacred Games. He plays the role of the middle-aged Sikh inspector of the Mumbai Police. Besides him, Nawazuddin Siddiqui is seen in yet another class act. He plays the role of the gangster Ganesh Gaitonde. Radhika Apte is also seen playing one of the lead roles in Sacred Games.
It has been written by Varun Grover, Smita Singh and Vasant Nath who have done a lot of justice in recreating this story adapted from an epic novel. The first season of the Netflix original covers around 950 pages of the novel.
The show has fetched a lot of appreciation over the social media and many people have termed it as a ‘must watch’ show. But now the web series ends in a legal trouble after a plea was filed against it in the Delhi High Court. We hope that it soon comes out of the legal controversies and continues smoothly to win all hearts and critical appreciation.
More News at EurAsian Times
- Indian Military Base in Sabang can Strangle China at the Strait of Malacca
- India-US 2+2 Dialogue: India Needs to choose Between US and Russia
- Is Saudi-UAE Alliance Working to Weaken the Gulf Cooperation Council?
- From Asia to Africa, India-Japan Defence Partnership Aggressively Countering China
- Will Indian Army Get a Free Hand in Kashmir post PDP-BJP Divorce?