In the Shopian Encounter in Jammu and Kashmir, four militants and a soldier were killed when an encounter broke out between militants and the Indian security forces according to officials. Two other Army men were injured in the gunbattle.
“Four terrorists have been killed in the operation in Nadigam area of Shopian,” Srinagar-based defence spokesman, Col Rajesh Kalia said
He did not give further details. However, a police official said an Army man was killed while two others were injured in the encounter
The operation is on, the police official said. Security forces launched a cordon and search operation in the area Tuesday morning after receiving specific intelligence inputs about the presence of militants there. The search operation turned into an encounter after the militants fired upon the forces, who retaliated.
“Four terrorists have been killed in the operation in Nadigam area of Shopian,” PTI quoted Srinagar-based defence spokesman, Col Rajesh Kalia as saying. However, a police official said an Army man was killed while two others were injured in the encounter.
More News at EurAsian Times
- Indian Military Base in Sabang can Strangle China at the Strait of Malacca
- Why is Japan Unhappy with Bullet Train Project in India?
- Saudi Crown Prince Unravels Deep Secrets Behind Wahhabism and Yemen War
- Al-Qaeda Recruiting Kashmiri Militants for Ghazwa-e-Hind Plan for India
- From Asia to Africa, India-Japan Defence Partnership Aggressively Countering China