- After Syria, Are Israel-Saudi Collaborating Against Yemen?
- How is the Iranian Army, Hezbollah Fighters Evading Israeli Airstrikes in Syria?
Relaxed Gun Laws to fight terror?
If gun laws are relaxed in Israel then it will be seen as a big leverage to the gun lobby. The lobby has been trying to fight relentlessly for lowering the bar in terms of restrictions to own a weapon. The lobby believes that the relaxation in gun laws will help the civilians fight in case of any terrorist attacks.
A similar proposal was even put forth in 2016 citing examples of incidents where citizens fought terrorists. The proposal came after a series of standings in Jaffa that year. As per the prevalent rules, the Israeli citizens can only keep a weapon if there’s a strong reason for it. The relaxed norms will make it easier for citizens to possess weapons.
At present, there’s an intense conflict going on in the Gaza Strip. The Palestinian activists have staged several protests and attacks on Israel. Amid these security concerns, the gun lobby is pushing for a relaxation in gun laws in Israel. Should the proposal be approved?
More News at EurAsian Times
- Indian Military Base in Sabang can Strangle China at the Strait of Malacca
- India-US 2+2 Dialogue: India Needs to choose Between US and Russia
- Is Saudi-UAE Alliance Working to Weaken the Gulf Cooperation Council?
- From Asia to Africa, India-Japan Defence Partnership Aggressively Countering China
- Will Indian Army Get a Free Hand in Kashmir post PDP-BJP Divorce?